My name is Rebecca Saunderson and I was born and raised in Prince George, British Columbia. Growing up in northern British Columbia instilled a love of the outdoors in me. I now spend my summers hiking, camping, and kayaking. Similarly, I spend my winters skiing and snowshoeing. When I was 12 years old, I took my first dance class. Almost instantly, I fell in love with dance and the performing arts. I danced competitively in many genres including ballet, jazz, modern, and highland. I went on to earn my Associate of Highland Dancing and my Associate of Highland National Dancing from the British Association of Teachers of Dancing. My art then began to take on a new life as I started to explore dance through choreographing. Teaching and choreographing dance remains a huge part of my life. It was through dance that my love for teaching was sparked. In 2018 I began volunteering in elementary classrooms in Prince George. I was lucky enough to learn from some amazing teachers who guided me down the path I am on today. In February of 2020, I began teaching on call in School District 57. This experience has helped me grow as both a teacher and a learner. In April of 2020, I completed my Bachelor of Arts at the University of Northern British Columbia. I graduated with a major in english and a minor in First Nations studies. In September of 2021, I began the elementary education program at Thompson Rivers University. Although beginning this program in the middle of a pandemic has made for some interesting challenges, this experience has been incredible nonetheless. It has reshaped and informed my understandings of teaching and learning. I look forward to continuing my learning journey and growing as a teacher.